Monday, May 01, 2006

Friar Ben, the Paduan Hobbit

Again last Thursday I discovered that I'd lost my mind and procrastinated working on a monk's robe similar to the Friar Dave for Dave's friend Ben. I cut out the fabric Thursday night, telling myself the whole time that either A. it would be easy as pie because I'd already made one and Ben is not as tall as Dave or B. Ben was a forgiving soul and wouldn't hate me if I didn't get it done.

Seems I had a combo of A and B. I got the robe done...I sat down at the machine at 8am and finished it around 11:30, tabard and all...so it was easy, yes. I barely had to look at the instructions except for some dicey bits like sleeves and hoods. Thank goodness Ben is a forgiving soul, though. The robe somehow came out to be about 5 inches too short and the hood was skewed to the right too far. The tabard was about 10 inches too LONG. But sweet man that he is, Ben wore it anyway.

I will have pictures once he emails them to me. No More Monk's Robes. I'm going to focus back on Miranda in the hopes that I will have it done by CRF in the fall.