Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Fangirl Gown

The Fangirl Gown was created for Kalyne to wear in her debut with the Hounds of East Fairhaven at the Georgia Renaissance Festival. It still needs some work, but I think it is to the point that she can wear it and feel good about wearing it this coming weekend. The name comes from what female fans of the Lost Boys call themselves..."Fangirls."

The fabric is a cotton blend with a black background and a smattering of teal hearts all over it. The contrasting color that Kalyne chose was, of course, black, since the Lost Boys colors are teal and black.

Bodice:


Bodice and overskirt with my black underskirt:



The black underskirt is a four panel drawstring skirt, very simple. It's made of a lightweight cotton so it shouldn't be too awfully hot for her. The overskirt has some pleating issues that I want to straigthen out after GARF. I think that I'm going to make the pleats themselves smaller because to me the overskirt hangs funny the way it is.

She's going to wear my black snood on her head for GARF, but along with lined bell sleeves for the fall I'm going to try to make her either a french hood or get a piratey-type hat and make her a hatband from the dress fabric.