Thursday, April 20, 2006

Friar Dave in Fast Forward

I'm starting today on a costume that will be WORN on Saturday if I don't lose my mind. Fabric is washed and dried, pattern is cut out and has been properly walked about upon by the hounds, and I'm ready to start pinning tissue to fabric and cutting. This is the "Friar Dave" costume for my brother in law to wear to the GA renn fest this Saturday. I'll post pictures later as it comes together.

My biggest concern is that it won't fit him. Dave is VERY tall and I'm not sure that this pattern is as tall as he is. In cutting out the pieces, I've left extra space around them just so that I can have room to play when I put it together. I may just not hem it and take my machine with me tomorrow night to their house and try hemming it there, because there is no way for me to judge length on someone that much taller than I am. Thank goodness Kalyne is about my height so the FanGirl gown could be hemmed without her physically here.